Friday, August 19, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 19 - Strong and Mighty, Faithful and True
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my head in praise and open up the gates of my heart in prayer, as I begin my day worshipping You and welcoming You into every moment of my day and every area of my life.  ... 
 
"Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory many come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory!" (Psalm 24:7-10 NRSV)   ...
 
We heard the good and long-awaited news yesterday that a close friend of mine was found Innocent of all charges, declared Not Guilty by the jury and announced by the judge in his federal court case. He said he was innocent from the beginning, three and a half years ago, and proved it in the trial of his life, even representing himself. 
 
But every day, he was on his knees in prayer, growing more desperately dependent upon You alone each day as his Defender and Deliverer, his Advocate and Savior. He was learning to draw courage and hope from You alone as his Source of strength to persevere in faith until this day would come. And so were his wife and family and so many who knew his integrity and honor, with so many who knew his heart and called him friend. With the jury's Verdict -- which means "to speak the truth" -- it seems this long nightmare is finally over and a new day can finally begin. Praise God! "Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning!" (Psalm 30:5)
 
Thank You for Your justice. Thank You for Your mercy. What You do for us as our Father, You require of us as Your children:  "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8 NKJV). And in all humility, we all know that the victory of this verdict had much more to do with Your righteousness alone than the righteousness of my friend or any of us who prayed. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:22-25).
 
You have shown Yourself strong and mighty in this battle for truth to be established and justice to be done in my friend's life. And this day of praise, I lift up my head and open up my heart to praise Your holy name, O King of glory! You are the One "called Faithful and True, and in righteousness (You are the One who) judges and makes war" as "King of kings and Lord of lords" (Revelation 19:11-16). So You have, once again. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will see the justice and mercy of our God, as you walk humbly with Him, the One who is strong and mighty, faithful and true, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 

Friends, Thank You so much for all the encouraging notes and prayers! We're praising God for all He has done for my close friend, Mikal Watts and his family through this trial. His name and his honor have been restored in the power of the mighty name of Jesus! And I pray for God's restoration and grace in your life and the lives those on your heart in prayer. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!