Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 4 - Committed to "Contend for the Faith"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I abide in You, as You abide in me. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin this day in the communion of prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Beloved, while eagerly preparing to write to you about the salvation we share, I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. For certain intruders have stolen in among you, people who long ago were designated for this condemnation as ungodly, who pervert the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ" (Jude 3-4).
 
My faith is precious to me, because my faith is precious to You. You set aside the glory of heaven, You humbled Yourself in human flesh, You laid down Your life on the cross and out poured out Your blood, that I could be forgiven and free, saved by Your grace, to live in deeply personal, intimate relationship with You forever. So it's a faith worth fighting for. It's a faith worth contending for.
 
Like so many of those who have joined in this faith through the generations, it's a faith worth dying for. So let it be a faith worth living for. Let it be faith worth speaking up for, worth standing firm for, worth never surrendering, never retreating for (Hebrews 11:1-14).
 
So by the power of Your grace, make me more bold in my faith, make me more committed to contend for my faith, to be ready and willing to sacrifice for my faith, to honor the One who paid it all so I could have live out each day in the mercy and grace of this precious gift of my faith. My faith wasn't free -- it cost You everything, so that You could be everything to me.
 
"Now to Him who is able to keep (me) from falling, and to make (me) stand without blemish in the presence of His glory with rejoicing, to the only God and Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority, before all time and now and forever!" (Jude 24-25) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be committed to the contend for the faith -- empowered by God's grace and anointed with God's Spirit to stand firm, to never surrender and never retreat, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!