Friday, May 31, 2019

Morning by Morning, May 31 - Cheerful and Content
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm listening for Your voice and the leading of Your Spirit -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and being in need. I can to all things through Him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:11-13).
 
You've given me great grace to go to many nations many times to share the good news of Jesus Christ that burns in my heart. But like every time before, I'm always challenged by a little "culture shock" when I come home. We have so much and take so much for granted, compared with so much of the world. And it always takes a little time to process the sharp contrast of these worlds. ...
 
As I do, I don't sense a conviction of guilt for all we have, but I do sense Your invitation to be content with all we have. And I sense a reminder to remember the Source of all we have. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning" (James 1:17 NKJV).
 
Come, Holy Spirit of God. Set things right in my heart. Set things right in my priorities. Give me grace to treasure the right things and to be content in the great treasure of all the things I have from You. Where my treasure is, there my heart will be also (Matthew 6:21). So may I be content with my great treasure and also moved with Your compassion to use my treasure well. May I seek You first and Your kingdom with all that I have, all that I am, and all that I treasure (Matthew 6:33). "From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required; and from the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded" (Luke 12:48).
 
You are a cheerful Giver and You love a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). So by the power of Your grace, may I be cheerful and content, thankful for all I have and ready to give as You would lead. May I remember the inspiration of those I've seen who have so little and yet give so much. And whether I have little or I have plenty, whether I'm giving to those in need or receiving what I need, may I be cheerful, may I be content, always appreciating all that I have and always remembering it all belongs to You (Romans 14:8; Galatians 2:20; 1 Corinthians 6:20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be cheerful and content, full of thanksgiving and praise to the One who gives and empowers you to give, knowing all that you are and all that you have belongs to the One who loves you so, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



A beautiful lady preparing our lunch for us with joy outside the church in one of the refugee camps



African Sunrise in Northern Uganda

Ministry Trip to Uganda
Friends, thank you so much for all your prayers and encouragement for our ministry trip to the African nation of Uganda May 16-29 for teaching, preaching, and evangelism in the refugee camps, pastors and leaders conferences, and a variety of settings to spread the Fire of the Holy Spirit and the love of God in Jesus' mighty name! Our team hosted by New Life Endowment with Mike and Norma Scalf, Martha Zaruba, and Gwen DuBose was so delighted and thrilled to see many salvations, healing, freedom, and hope renewed as we were able to share the good news of the kingdom of God in so many settings! We're excited to continue to hear what God has done in them and in us! God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!