Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Morning by Morning, December 18 - At Just the Right Time in Just the Right Place
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. With all ye faithful, I come and adore You, Christ the Lord. ...
 
"In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered.... All went to their own towns to be registered. Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, the city of David called Bethlehem, because he descended from the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a Child" (Luke 2:1-5)
 
Jesus of Nazareth would be born in Bethlehem. On the one hand, we might say it was because of the Roman Emperor Augustus. And on the other hand, we know it was because of the Your words and Your will, prophesied long before Augustus was even born, that the Messiah of Israel and Savior of the world would come from Nazareth (Matthew 2:23) and be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2). 
 
Men make their choices in their free will; and at the same time, in the mystery of Your sovereignty and our will, Your sovereignty sees every choice before it's ever made and unfolds our choices into a supernatural display of Your will. "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps" (Proverbs 16:9). "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives" (Psalm 37:23). What a mystery and a marriage of our will and Your sovereignty! "O, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways!" (Romans 11:33)
 
So Lord, line up my thoughts with Your mind, my desires with Your heart, my ways with Your will. Guide my steps and direct my paths. Get me to the right place at the right time for the right purposes, that all righteousness might be fulfilled according to Your will and plan for my life. Correct me when I'm wrong. Redirect me when I'm lost. Clarify me when I'm confused. Reposition me when I'm out of place. I yield my will to Your will.
 
As the old worship song proclaims, "Take my heart and form it; take my mind, transform it; take my will, conform it -- to Yours, to Yours, O Lord." You're worthy of my trust, my faith, my surrender, and my adoration. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be aligned and empowered by God at just the right time in just the right place to fulfill every part of His plan for your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

            

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer. I write these from my morning prayer time most every day and send them out right away the same morning -- real prayers, expressed and shared in real time from my spiritual life. If you would like to have a collection of these as a 365 Day Prayer Devotional for you or a friend, please order a copy today. God bless you!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!