Monday, December 23, 2019

Morning by Morning, December 23 - The Sign of a Humble Manger
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I begin my day with my thoughts on You. ...
 
"So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn" (Luke 2:6-7 KJV).
 
Not a mansion, but a manger. Not in the finest hospital, but in a feed trough. Not among the rich and powerful, but among the peasants and people. 
 
No wonder the angel of the Lord said to the shepherds, "This will be a sign to you:  You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger" (Luke 2:12). This was an amazing sign -- that the King of Heaven and Earth, the Creator of All, would humble Himself in this way to enter our world in such a humble way and in such a humble place.
 
As I ponder this amazing sign in my heart, I believe I hear You saying, "The humble place is always where I'll be. I draw near to the humble, to those who humble themselves to seek Me, to need Me, to welcome Me, and to embrace Me. The well have no need of a Doctor. The so-called sinless and self-righteous have no need of a Savior. But I long and I love to come enter into the humble hearts of those acknowledge Me and their desperate need for Me."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word comes to mind to confirm these words I hear in my heart: "The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down.... The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth" (Psalm 145:14-18). "Though the Lord is great, He cares for the humble" (Psalm 138:6). "He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and the oppressed" (Proverbs 3:34). "He gives us more grace. This is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.... Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:6-10).
 
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I humble my heart before You today. I need You. I'm desperately dependent upon You. And I make room for You, here in my heart and in every moment of my day.  I need You as my Doctor, my Savior, my All in All. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you seek and embrace, with humility of heart, the One who is your All in All, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

              

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer.
Please keep our ministry in mind for your Year End Giving, to help provide hope and healing through Messiah Ministries, fulfilling our calling of preparing the way of the Lord in the hearts of God's people and in our world. All contributions are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated. God bless you!



I write these prayer devotionals from my morning prayer time most every day and send them out right away the same morning -- real prayers, expressed and shared in real time from my spiritual life. If you would like to have a collection of these as a 365 Day Prayer Devotional for you or a friend, please order a copy today. God bless you!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!