Monday, December 02, 2019

Morning by Morning, December 2 - Turning Our Hearts from Thanksgiving to Christmas
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"The beginning of the good news of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As it is written in the prophet Isaiah, 'See, I am sending My messenger ahead of You, who will prepare Your way; the voice of one crying out in the wilderness:  'Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight!'" (Mark 1:1-3)
 
As we turn the page from Thanksgiving to Christmas on our calendars, we turn our attention to "prepare the way of the Lord" in our hearts. To be clear, it's not a one-time decision or an "advent season" decision, but an every-day decision to continually be turning out attention to You and to preparing the way of the Lord in our hearts. But at the same time, there is something about this season of time when the attention of the world is drawn to Jesus in a unique way.
 
Though I'm enough of a student of history to be aware of all the discussions and debates about the actual day of the birth of Jesus and all the cultural influences and the Roman calendar upon the day we call "Christmas," but I'm also enough of an evangelist to be aware that this is a more tender time to talk about the One who is the Light of the World and the Savior of all. And I'm also enough of a God-chaser and passionate pursuer of the Spirit of the One in whom I live and move and have my being that I won't miss this seasonal opportunity to turn my attention and open my heart to a deeper encounter with You -- the One who is the Christ in Christmas.
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Prepare the way of the Lord in this season and right here in my heart. Make His paths straight in me. Give me a deeper hunger to encounter the One who is the Light of the World and the Savior of all. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you turn your heart from Thanksgiving to Christmas, expectantly seeking a deeper encounter with the One who is the Christ in Christmas, the Light of the Word and the Savior of all, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Friends, I was away from ministry and off with family last week for Thanksgiving, but glad to be back with you now on our daily journey of prayer. Thank you so much for doing with me! God bless you!

Pakistan Ministry Report. I did have the opportunity to preach  for our monthly outdoor evangelistic meeting through our Skype Internet ministry to another village in Pakistan! 285 souls saved and reports of over 75 healing testimonies! Though it was very cold and some even came without shoes to hear the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ! 
Thank you so much for all your prayers, support, and encouragement, as I have the great blessing of preaching in a different village each month around Lahore, Pakistan with our team -- Pastor Fazal and Interpreter Brother Suleman! We will be distributing clothes and blankets next month. God bless you!

 
 
    


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!