Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Morning by Morning, December 24 - Excited to See the King!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. On this Christmas Eve, I'm excited to see my King. ...
 
"Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is He was has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.... The star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him:  gold, frankincense, and myrrh" (Matthew 2:1-11 NKJV).
 
The wise men were excited to see the King. They followed Your star, and when they found You they took You into their hearts. They "rejoiced with exceedingly great joy!" They "fell down and worshiped (You)" and "opened their treasures" before You to offer their gifts to You.
 
In a sense, the gift of gold speaks of the glory of Your manifest Presence. I offer You a heart that seeks to embrace the glory of Your Presence every day. In a sense, the gift of frankincense speaks of the incense of prayers and praises lifted up to You. I offer You a heart that seeks to lift up my prayers and praises throughout the moments of my day, looking to You as the Savior and Source of all I am and all I need. And in a sense, the gift of myrrh speaks of the anointment used for burial. I offer You a heart that seeks to lay down my life for You as a living sacrifice in honor and response to the One who laid down His life for me.
 
Lord Jesus, You are the King - "the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!" (1 Timothy 6:15 NKJV) Give me the wisdom to pursue You every day. Give me the humility to open the treasures of my heart and offer the gift of my life completely to You. As I worship You and welcome You into my heart and the moments of my day, let Your Spirit will fill me with the peace of Christ and "with exceedingly great joy!" Let me be among those wise men and women who are excited to see the King and offer our gifts and treasures to You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you grow in your excited to see the King of Kings and Lord of Lord to offer Him the gifts and treasures of your heart as You embrace the One who is the greatest Gift of all, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. Merry Christmas and God bless you, my friend!

               

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer.
Please keep our ministry in mind for your Year End Giving, to help provide hope and healing through Messiah Ministries, fulfilling our calling of preparing the way of the Lord in the hearts of God's people and in our world. All contributions are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated. God bless you!



I write these prayer devotionals from my morning prayer time most every day and send them out right away the same morning -- real prayers, expressed and shared in real time from my spiritual life. If you would like to have a collection of these as a 365 Day Prayer Devotional for you or a friend, please order a copy today. God bless you!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!