Monday, November 14, 2005

The Armor of Light 11-14-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me near to You as I exalt Your name in praises and prayer. ... "Besides this, you know what time it is, how it is now the moment for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we became believers; the night is far gone, the day is near. Let us lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light; let us live honorably as in the day, not in reveling and drunkenness, not in debauchery and licentiousness, not in quarreling and jealousy. Instead put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires" (Romans 13:11-14). To "put on the armor of light" is to "put on the Lord Jesus Christ." It is the choice to submit my thoughts to Your thoughts and my desires to Your desires. It is the choice to allow Your Holy Spirit to convict me of sin, to crucify my flesh, to empower me by Your presence, and to lead me in the ways of Your truth and life. The call is not to merely see the Light, but to put on the Light; not merely to know about the Light, but to know the Light. This Light is the shining armor that pushes back the darkness, and that overcomes the battles of the world, the flesh, and the devil. But we have the choice to put on the armor each day or leave it hanging in the closet. By Your grace, I choose to put on the armor today and suit up for battle. I choose to embrace the Light of the glory of Your presence and put on Jesus Christ as my Lord. Now Your Light in my heart will overcome the darkness -- first in my own soul and then wherever I go. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. My friend from India, Ghuna Kumar, who oversees many churches and ministries on the front line of the battle, will join me in leading our time together. Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship Center will lead in worship and I will lead in prayer. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com