Saturday, November 26, 2005

Generations of Faith 11-26-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I settle in for our time together this morning, I remember the song my grandmother used to sing as she went about her day: "And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known." ... Thank You for the blessings You desire to pass down through the generations -- the blessings of faith, of an awareness of our need for intimacy in relationship with You, of knowing that You are personal and You want to be personally involved in our lives. As Paul said to Timothy, "I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you" (2 Timothy 1:5). Thank You for the blessing of faith from my mother and grandmother. Thank You for those who have gone before me to help prepare the way of the Lord in my heart. That is a gift of grace I received before I ever made my first choice of sin or obedience. I pray for those who didn't have mothers and grandmothers in the faith. Let the prayers of the family of God as spiritual mothers and grandmothers prepare the way of the Lord in their hearts. You desire to walk with them and talk with them and call them Your own. You are patient and full of grace for those who were blessed with a legacy of godly faith and for those who were not, for those who have been steadfast in their faith and for those who wandered from the roots of their faith. You are "not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" before "the day of the Lord" (2 Peter 3:8-10). Draw us all near to You as the song of the Lord rises in our hearts as we go about our day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's on inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com