Friday, November 25, 2005

"Early in the Morning" 11-25-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Early, before the house begins to stir and thoughts begin to whirl, I come to You to offer my mind and heart to You alone. ... "Early in the morning He came again to the temple. All the people came to Him and He sat down and began to teach them" (John 8:2). Come again to Your temple this morning, Lord Jesus. Let my body be Your temple; let my heart be Your altar (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). Teach me Your ways and impart to me Your nature. Cause Your thoughts to be my thoughts and Your will to be my will. There is a spiritual principle that as I lift my face and my heart to You, to behold You in worship and prayer, I become more like You, as Your Spirit fills me and conforms me to Your nature, a little more each time -- "from glory to glory" (2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV). In these early moments of the morning, I look to You alone and listen for the leading of Your voice alone. You are my teacher and Your Holy Spirit is my guide. "If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit" (Galatians 5:25). Let Your glory fill Your temple -- the temple of my soul -- as You are high and lifted up in my worship and prayer, in communion with You (from Isaiah 6:1-3). ... In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's on inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com