Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"In Due Season" 11-30-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Tree of Life. Live in me and bear Your fruit for Your kingdom. Fill my life with Your Life again today, as much as Your Holy Spirit has prepared me to receive and as much as I can handle by Your grace. ... In a moment, I'll join the small group men and women from ministry and marketplace You've joined together to pray out over our city from the top floor of the tallest building in the center of our city early on Wednesday mornings. Since we've been meeting for prayer, we've seen You move in different ways in different seasons. Lord, what will this season hold for our city? What will this season hold for my life? What we see in the natural realm often speaks to us of Your principles in the spiritual realm. With seasons, there are different times for different purposes -- a time for sowing and for reaping, a time of fallowness and a time of fruitfulness. "For everything there is a season" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). Release us from the false belief that all seasons are supposed to be the same. Deliver us from the discouragement that comes when our expectations are fixed on the wrong season. Each season has its purpose. Lord, work Your purpose in me. Work Your purpose in my family, my church, my community, and my world. Give me eyes to see the seasons of fruitfulness to come even when the fields seem to lie fallow. Give me eyes to see the seasons of reaping to come even in the seasons of sowing. You come with Your power in the measure of grace we need "in due season" -- not too early and never too late (Genesis 18:14). Like a tree planted by the "streams of water" of Your Spirit, let my life yield the fullness of Your fruit "in its season" (Psalm 1:3). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com