Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Hiding Place 11-16-05

Morning by Morning, Wednesday Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the old hymn says, "Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee." You are my Rock and Refuge. Let me be hidden in Christ and Christ be found in me. ... They said forty tornados came churning across our region last night. We made preparations to get ready to hide in the most secure place in the center of our home, as we prayed together for protection and stood against the storm in the power of Your Word and Your Name. It's as if "the ruler of the power of the air" is mustering his forces of destruction in a furious rage to turn our hearts from God in the face of adversities and calamities (Ephesians 2:2). No doubt some will blame You and curse You, as our spiritual enemy is always whispering through the voices of those who are weak in their faith and hardened in their hearts, to just "curse God and die" (Job 2:9). Yet You intend every force of destruction -- from whatever source -- to turn our hearts to You, to call upon Your name, that we may be saved. You desire "that we may have life and have it abundantly," while "the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10:10). You are patient with us and You are persistent with us, using even the tragedies and travesties of our lives -- whether the vengeance of the enemy or the judgments of God -- to draw us to You. "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). Let destruction drive me into the cleft of Your Rock. "You are my hiding place and my shield" (Psalm 119:114). You are "like a hiding place from the wind, a covert from the tempest" (Isaiah 32:2). You are the place of security and protection for all humble themselves in trusting faith to "live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, who say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust' " (Psalm 91:1-2). Make me more secure in You each day, that I will be able to stand securely in You as You stand securely in me in the days of destruction. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month -- This Saturday Night with Ghuna Kumar from India -- at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com