Monday, June 25, 2007

Spirit of the Sovereign Lord 6-25-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I worship, I hear You writing a new song in my heart -- Lord I am waiting To hear Your voice again. Lord I am seeking Your face. Lord I am watching To see You come again. Lord I am longing For Your touch. Lord I am walking To where You want to lead. Lord I am willing To follow You. You are my King My Savior and my Friend. You're Everything to me. You are my Lord My Father, Almighty God. You're Everything there is to me. Yes, Lord. I wait and watch for You. Help me humble myself to listen for Your leading and follow where You lead, my Lord and my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ... "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord has appointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to announce that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord's favor has come, and with it, the day of the Lord's anger against their enemies. To all who mourn in Israel, He will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. For the Lord has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for His own glory. They will rebuild the ancient ruins, repairing cities long ago destroyed. They will revive them, though they have been empty for many generations. Foreigners will be your servants. They will feed your flocks and plow your fields and tend your vineyards. You will be called priests of the Lord, ministers of our God. You will be fed with the treasures of the nations and will boast in their riches. Instead of shame and dishonor, you will inherit a double portion of prosperity and everlasting joy" (Isaiah 61:1-7, The New Living Translation). Yes, Lord. You are Sovereign and You are Lord. You have called me by name and I am Yours. You are reminding of this Scripture You gave me as I began the journey of my calling through Messiah Ministries over ten years ago. Others have come and gone -- to encourage and inspire me, to help and correct me, even to test and tempt me -- and I am thankful for how You have used each one in my life and used me in theirs'. But You alone have been with me every step of the way. As it should be, for each of us -- so that we are all ultimately dependent upon no one but You alone. "Messiah" from the Hebrew and "Christ" from the Greek of Your Scripture means "the anointed one." Anointed by the Spirit of God and appointed in the power of God to share the good news of the Gospel of Christ, the Anointed Messiah of God. You spoke this Word of Scripture to Isaiah, and through Isaiah to Israel, and through Israel to the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. And through Christ, You speak this Word to all who are in Christ, in Messiah -- anointed by the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord to display Your glory through Your people (Isaiah 60:1-3). This time away with my family has also been a time away with You. I needed to be refreshed, renewed, and refocused. And I believe You are showing me I needed to be reminded of my calling and destiny, but also always to be reminded of the One who called me and destined me for Your purposes through relationship with You. You are also showing me I needed to be reminded of the simple truth that You are always much more concerned in who I am becoming than in what I am doing. As You taught me through a spiritual teacher along the way, "I am a human being, not a human doing." It seems I hear You say, "Will you allow Me to bind Your submitted will to My sovereign will?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you allow Me to conform your nature to My nature through the trials, the troubles, and the tribulations I allow through the mystery and marriage of My sovereignty and your submission?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you receive My power and My provision to accomplish My purposes in your life and through your life?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you choose, in the freedom I have given you required by a true relationship of love with Me, to be desperately dependent upon Me alone with the means I choose to bring fulfillment of life to you and to your generations?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you humble yourself in My sight, that I may lift you up into My arms and under My shelter and over the enemy of your soul?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you remember the roots of My Word, receive the nurture of the Water of My Spirit, seek to grow daily into newness of life in Me, and become an oak of righteousness to display My glory through the brokenness and healing of your life?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you believe that you are My son, that I am bringing many sons to glory, as I live in and through the hearts of My children and redeem My creation?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Will you trust Me? Will you love Me? Will you allow Me to love you?" Yes, Lord, by Your grace, I will. "Then let it be so; for it is so, by the sacrifice of My love and through the covenant of My blood." Thank You, Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- for Your sovereign will and Your steadfast love. As I rise to embrace this day and every day You choose to give me in this journey of faith in relationship with You, help me remember and believe that this moment is real and this memory is true. "I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For He has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels. The Sovereign Lord will show His justice to the nations of the world. Everyone will praise Him! His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring, filled with young plants springing up everywhere" (Isaiah 61:10-11, NLT). Lord, let Your righteousness spring up in me and in the hearts of all the sons and daughters You are bringing to glory throughout all the nations and generations of the world. Let us display Your glory -- "For this is the secret: Christ lives in you, and this is your assurance that you will share in His glory" (Colossians 1:27, NLT). "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (NRSV). Yes, Lord, let it be so; for it is so, by the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for joining me in this journey and for all your prayers, support, and encouragement for me and my family and Messiah Ministries. We have a few days left of our two weeks away for our family vacation we spend with my mom and family out in New Mexico and Texas. We would appreciate your continued prayers for us personally and as a family for all the Lord intends to do in us in these special days. Our family has been broken, blended, and blessed. I know yours has too in different ways, so I join in the agreement of prayer for your life and family and ministry as well. God bless you! Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 The Fountain is not meeting this summer, but will resume in September for our monthly, city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com