Monday, June 04, 2007

Prayer Evangelism 6-4-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Increase, as I decrease. Lead, as I follow. Speak, as I listen. ... "On the Sabbath day we went outside the gate by the river, where we supposed there was a place of prayer; and we sat down and spoke to the women who had gathered there. A certain woman named Lydia, a worshiper of God, was listening to us; she was from the city of Thyatira and a dealer in purple cloth. The Lord opened her heart to listen eagerly to what was said by Paul" (Acts 16:13-14). As I come to the place of prayer, You open my heart to listen eagerly to what You are speaking to me. And at the same time, You are opening the hearts of those You will speak to through me. In the mystery of faith and communion with Your Spirit in the partnership of ministry You have given us, You fill our mouths with Your words and open ears to hear them. "So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20). This is prayer evangelism. As we seek You in the place of prayer, You commission us as Your ambassadors and entrust us with Your words. You go before us and prepare the way for Your words of truth and life to find fertile soil in hearts that are waiting and eager to hear. Draw me near to You in prayer each day, as You commission me and empower me as Your ambassador to share Your hope with those who are desperate and hungry to hear. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we will resume The Fountain meetings in September, but will not be meeting this summer. Thank you for all who have come and all who have covered us in prayer in one of the Lord's expressions of His city-wide church in our community across the walls of denominations and traditions. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com