Thursday, December 06, 2007

Celebrate His Goodness 12-06-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Welcome into my thoughts, my desires, and my day. ... "After those days his wife Elizabeth conceived, and for five months remained in seclusion. She said, 'This is what the Lord has done for me when He looked favorably upon me and took away the disgrace I endured among the people' " (Luke 1:24-25). For five months, Elizabeth hid her testimony of Your power and grace in her life. You miraculously answered her prayers for a child, but she was too afraid to tell anybody. I suppose she waited until her belly was big enough and her baby could kick hard enough that no one could mock her and shame her any more. And one day she spoke out, "Look what the Lord has done for me!" Lord, forgive us for keeping Your power a secret. Thank You being patient and understanding with us when we are bound by fear of rejection and wounded by the shame of the past. And praise You for loving us enough to never leave us there, but making a way to release Your power, break our bondage, and heal our wounds. Give us courage to testify and experience the joy of sharing the good news of all You have done. Then those who have rejected us can rejoice with us, as we celebrate Your goodness and mercy and power together (v. 58). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com