Monday, December 22, 2008

God's Word, God's Way 12-22-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Welcome into my day. Come lead me in Your way. … "Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the City of David called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a Child" (Luke 2:4-5). You declared long ago through Your prophetic Word that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2). Those who studied Your Word could see and anticipate the things to come (Matthew 2:3-6). And in the fullness of time, You began to position people and events in alignment with Your Word and Your will. Yet, it was not an angel that sent Mary and Joseph from Nazareth to Bethlehem. It was not from an open vision in the heavenlies or a spiritual dream in their sleep. Neither was it from a burning bush or miraculous signs and wonders. It was from the decree of a pagan, prayer-less and God-less government enforcing its power and authority to control its subjects (Luke 2:1). Mary and Joseph didn't vote in this government, nor did they agree with its philosophies. But in the fullness of time, in Your ways that are always perfect, whether we have eyes to see it or not, Your Word and Your will came to pass. Just as You had said, the holy Child to come as Messiah and King, was born in the manger at Bethlehem (Luke 2:7). Position me, Lord. Align the relationships and events of my life to fulfill Your prophetic word for me. You see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. Though we have freedom to make our choices, You are also actively involved in every event and You know eternally every choice we will ever make. "For it is You who formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made… Your eyes beheld my unformed substance. In Your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed" (Psalm 139:13-16). So I need not fear the powers and authorities of this age, nor the motives and choices of the governments of man. My God is in control. My God sees the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. "And indeed, it was very good" (Genesis 1:31). Every word of Your eternal prophecies for me and for all the children of Your creation will come to pass, all in Your perfect timing and in Your perfect way (Revelation 22:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I pray the hope of things to come will be birthed in your spirits in these days of celebrating the coming of our Savior. May the Lord align all your relationships and events with His purposes for your life in this coming season. God bless you and Merry Christmas! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com/