Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"As it Was in the Days of Noah" 3-3-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You increase as I decrease; You speak as I listen. … "Jesus went through one town and village after another, teaching as He made His way to Jerusalem. Someone asked Him, 'Lord, will only a few be saved?' He said to them, 'Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able' " (Luke 13:22-24). According to Your warning, there will come a time when many will try to enter into the door of salvation and will not be able. They will sincerely try to enter it because they will sincerely desire it; yet You clearly say they will not be able. Lord, I want to be able. I want everyone that I know to able. In fact, I want everyone to be able. And it breaks my heart to think that many will try to enter and not be able. As I write these words, I think of those who must have sincerely desired to enter the ark with Noah on the day the rains fell and the floods rose. But they were not able (Genesis 7:21). Only those who entered in through the narrow door of the ark of Your salvation did not die. And though You have declared You will never again destroy the earth with a flood of water, You have also declared that there will again come a time like the days of Noah -- when all who will desire to enter Your salvation will not be able. "Just as it was in the days of Noah, so too it will be in the days of the Son of Man. They were eating and drinking, and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed all of them" (Luke 17:26-28). Lord, how can we be ready to enter the ark of Your salvation? It seems I hear You say, "Strive to enter through the narrow door. Enter now, before that day comes. Enter now and enter every moment of every day by opening Your heart for My Spirit to enter you. This is the ark of your salvation. This is the narrow door -- that you would abide in Me and allow Me to abide in you. I am the door. I am your salvation. And I freely give Myself to all who freely give themselves to Me." Yes, Lord. "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation" (Psalm 62:1). "Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all day long" (Psalm 25:5). "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my might; He has become my salvation" (Isaiah 12:2). As You have said, "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved" (John 10:9, NKJV). "This Jesus is 'the stone that was rejected by you, the builders; it has become the cornerstone.' There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:11-12). So by Your grace and through Your Spirit, I wait upon You alone; and I welcome You to enter me as You welcome me to enter You. And in this I know I will live forever in the fullness of Your salvation. Today and every day is the day of the Son of Man for me. And I know the same is true for all who call on Your name to welcome You into their hearts. "For, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved' " (Romans 10:13). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please send me a note if you have any concern about the certainty of your salvation. I would love to talk with you and pray with you. We can be sure through the grace of God when we choose to open our hearts to welcome Jesus in as Lord and Savior of our lives. This is God's will for you and for all (John 3:16). And I join each of you in praying this same prayer for all those who are on your heart, that we may all enter in through the narrow door into the ark of God's salvation through Jesus Christ. Our God is "not wanting any to perish, but all to come repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). God bless you! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org