Monday, October 05, 2009

Going with God's Heart and Power 10-5-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I start this new day, let me start it well -- centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, filled afresh with the Holy Spirit. No as I worship You and wait on You, help me listen for Your leading. ... "When I came to you, brothers and sisters, I did not come proclaiming the mystery of God to you with lofty words or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I came to you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom but on the power of God" (1 Corinthians 2:1-5). Today is a preparation day, to pack and prepare to go out in ministry to the people of the nation of Estonia tomorrow. No doubt I'll need warm clothes to venture into a land bordering northwest Russia and just across the Baltic Sea from Sweden and Finland. But above all, I'll need Your warm heart, burning with a passion for Jesus and love for Your people. I'm excited to be invited by the Superintendent of the United Methodist Church, who oversees the spiritual life and churches of the people of Estonia, to be teaching and preaching at their seminary, a pastor's conference, a student retreat, the university, and at churches and homes throughout the country on prayer, spiritual life, and healing. And as much as You will use me to pour into them, I know You will be using them to pour into me -- sharing the love of God, the grace of Christ, and communion of the Holy Spirit with one another in our bond of the Body of Christ that knows no borders. And I'm especially looking forward to the warm embrace and bond of prayer with old friends from my earlier ministry journey there. Lord, let me not be filled with knowledge, but filled with Your Spirit. Let me not go with lofty words to impress their minds, but with the depth of Your Spirit to encourage their hearts. May You move in power to encourage, inspire, comfort, heal, and free. May we all be changed as we encounter You together, so that none of us are ever the same. Let revival and awakening be released in their spirits and in mine, "with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power" -- "the power of God," made perfect through our weakness and Your wisdom (v. 2:6-16). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for your prayers for us at the Healing Day Apart this past weekend in Tennessee at the Aldersgate Renewal Center. We heard wonderful testimonies of God's healing grace in spirit, soul, and body. And I just heard last night of a man's physical healing of his knees. Consider registering on-line now for a 30% discount for next summer's National Conference on Spirit-filled Living: http://www.aldersgate2010.org/ I'll be there teaching equipping sessions on emotional healing. Randy Clark of Global Awakening will be the Keynote Speaker, along with Terry Teykl and Tom Albin of the UMC. I have two ministry trips abroad coming up (Estonia in October and Pakistan in December), where I'll be sharing my teaching and my heart for prayer and healing. If you'd like to join our intercessory prayer team, connected by email, please let me know. We have great anticipation for my time in Estonia. And since this will be my first ministry engagement sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and ministering the healing love of God in the Muslim nation of Pakistan, I'm sensing the need for an especially strong and committed covering of prayer: TommyHays@aol.com I would be thrilled for you to order my new book for yourself or someone who may enjoy it with my perspective on healing and God's heart for restoration in the process of the journey, with mighty breakthroughs along the way: Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance: www.messiah-ministries.org or at www.amazon.com Proceeds go to support the vision and calling of the Lord through Messiah Ministries. Subscribe Free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502