Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mutually Encouraged 10-20-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Live in me, live through me today. ... "For I am longing to see you so that I may share with you some spiritual gift to strengthen you -- or rather so that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine" (Romans 1:11-12). I made it home last night from two weeks of ministry with the people of the nation of Estonia, across the Baltic Sea from Finland and bordering Russia. As I settle back into home, I also feel like part of my heart is still back there. And rightly so, for we are one Body, in one Spirit, with one Lord. As so often happens, I received as much as I gave; I learned as much as I taught; and I was blessed as much as I was a blessing. We were truly "mutually encouraged by each other's faith." Something happens when we worship and pray together from the diverse tribes and tongues and nations of this earth. As we look to You together, we become more like You together. You share and impart our spiritual gifts and spiritual wisdom one to another, as we grow together in "the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13). I shared with them my faith and witness of Your healing power in spirit, soul, and body as Your Holy Spirit frees us and heals us to be the Body and the Bride of Christ for the coming of the King and Your Kingdom. And they shared with me their faith and witness of a people who have endured unspeakable cruelty and oppression through Nazi terror and Communist persecution. Many of their leaders were martyred for their faith, and Your Church remained in the hearts of Your people throughout the years of their torment. I was honored to worship and pray with them, and I was humbled to be allowed to teach and minister among them. And I know I am different now. My faith is stronger, my conviction is firmer, my passion is greater. And I pray in some way it's true of each of them -- my friends and my family in this land that is so distant on earth, but not in heaven. Because we've encountered Your Presence together, we'll never be the same. Lord, let it be so among all Your people of all Your nations of the earth. Let us be one in unity, but so diverse in Your creativity, growing up together as one Body into Christ who is our Head. "So we, who are many, are one Body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another" (Romans 12:5). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for joining with me in prayer for this time of ministry abroad. There is a great hunger and thirst for more of the Lord and His Presence burning in the hearts of the people of this land. I'm so excited to be allowed to be a part of the awakening and breakthrough of revival this is beginning to take place as the Holy Spirit is Preparing the Way of the Lord. I could never be used by the Lord in this kind of ministry without those who join with me in prayer, encouragement, and support in so many ways. God bless you and may the Spirit of the Lord continue to burn in your heart! I'm excited to find out that Randy Clark of Global Awakening Ministries (He is the evangelist the Lord used to ignite the Toronto Revival, especially characterized by the spiritual renewal of pastors and leaders from around the world) just wrote his endorsement for my new book on healing and deliverance, Free to Be Like Jesus! (www.globalawakening.com). You can order it from our web site (www.messiah-ministries.org) or through www.amazon.com May it be an encouragement an inspiration to you in your own journey of healing in spirit, soul, and body and in your ministry of God's healing love to others. Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com