Thursday, October 15, 2009

Peace. Be Still. 10-15-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, Your name be exalted throughout the earth and throughout my day. ... “On that day, when evening had come, He said to them, ‘Let us go across to the other side.’ After leaving the crowd behind, they took Him with them in the boat, just as He was. Other boats were with Him. A great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was already being swamped. But He was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him up and said to Him, ‘Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing? He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace! Be still!’ Then the wind ceased and there was a dead calm” (Mark 4:35-39). This has been a week full of adventure and ministry with You. In so many different settings of preaching, teaching, and praying among so many different people in so many different parts of this country to Estonia, I’ve seen You move in the power of Your love for these people and for me. It has been exciting and it has been exhausting. But thank You for the gift of an adjustment in my schedule to rest a couple of days away in the boat with You. And thank You for the friends along the way who also take some time to make me be still as they pray for me. Thank You for speaking Your word through their prayers, ‘Peace. Be still.’ Yesterday, in one of those unplanned moments not written into my schedule, You poured Your peace down deep into my soul in ways I didn’t even know I needed. You made my heart tender in a way I didn’t even know it had become harder, so that I could hardly bear to hear the worship music without weeping uncontrollably. You were cleansing me and healing me and touching me deep down in a place I don’t think I’ve ever allowed You to go before. You sent back the crowds and pushed back the storms and did not hold back from powering the gentle power of Your healing love down deep into my soul. And then, in an eruption of joy, Your Spirit came bubbling up out of me in a fountain of newness of life. “Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation” (Psalm 51:12, KJV). I saw in my spirit the last dead leaves of the last season of my life falling to the ground to die—but only making room for the resurrection life of the next season to come. You do all things well, in Your perfect timing and in Your perfect way. And I can say still say this morning, after all the emotions of such an encounter with You have steadied and settled, ‘It is well with my soul.’ Today, my little boat will make it to the other side of this little country. And the next adventure will begin with You and the crowds You bring to touch in the power of Your love. But I will ministering out of a place of peace, tenderness of heart, and joy of life that I’ve not known before. Thank You that You never stop filling those who keep hungering and thirsting for more of You. Thank You for the gift of our time away to rest and be refreshed in these ways I’d never planned and never dreamed and now will never forget. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer this weekend as I speak and minister on inner healing at the Baltic Theological Seminary in Tallinn, Estonia. It will be a course for the students, but also open to the public, and people are planning to come from all over. We're expecting great things of God! Thank you for your prayers. I couldn't minister in this way without your covering of prayer. God bless you! Thank you for your prayers as I minister for 2 weeks in the nation of Estonia. I'll be preaching, teaching, and ministering the Lord's healing and freedom to His people in many places and a variety of settings throughout the country. I want to be part of the Lord's awakening and breakthrough revival in my own heart and in the nations of the earth. "And this good news of the Kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world, as a testimony to all the nations; and then the end will come" (Matthew 24:14). Please send an email to Carol Arban if you're led to join our Intercessory Prayer Team praying in more detail for my ministry abroad this fall (Estonia in October; Pakistan in December): csarban2@gmail.com God bless you and I pray for God's Awakening and Breakthrough Revival in your heart and nation. Thank you for praying for mine! Order my new book Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance online at www.messiah-ministries.org or at www.amazon.com Proceeds go to support the vision and calling of the Lord through Messiah Ministries. Subscribe Free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502