Tuesday, June 08, 2010

“In the Presence of My Enemies” 6-8-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside Your still waters, guide me in the paths of Your righteousness. … “You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows” (Psalm 23:5). Where do You prepare a table for me? It’s far from the safety of my comfort zone and security of a life without risk; it’s “in the presence of my enemies.” When do You anoint my head with oil? It’s before the days of battle when I will need to rely completely upon the authority of my identity in You (1 Samuel 2:10). How will my cup overflow? It’s as I give all that I am and all that have, sowing myself into the lives of others for the sake of Your name, as one with You by Your Spirit within me (Luke 6:38). It’s “in the wilderness” that You send us to “prepare the way of the Lord” (Isaiah 40:3). It’s in the desert places that the streams of Your Living Waters burst forth to water the dry and weary land full of the parched souls of a dry and weary people (Isaiah 35:6). It’s in the darkest places that You send us to “shine as lights in the world” (Philippians 2:15, NKJV). O Lord, my God, give me grace to grow up into spiritual maturity, finding my place in Your Body for the advancement of Your Kingdom in my generation (Ephesians 4:11-13). Let me not fear a life of taking risks in obedience to Your leading and submission to Your will, as best as I can discern, through an intimate relationship with You. Train me to hear Your voice; sensitize me to be led by Your Spirit (Romans 8:14). I want to be on the front lines of Your advance of Your Kingdom among the people and in the places where You strategically position me for Your purposes. Help me embrace the fires of affliction that test my faith and purify my soul to make me more like You each day (1 Peter 1:7). It’s out of the times of testing, through the wilderness seasons, having overcome the challenges of the spiritual enemy of my soul and the accuser of my brethren who dares to slander me to my face, that I am “filled with the power of the Spirit” to confidently enter the next season of life and ministry in fulfillment of my destiny in Christ (Luke 4:14). By the grace of God, I will not yield or be controlled by “the fear of man,” but will put my hope and trust in the Lord, my God who will guide my steps (Proverbs 29:25). I put my faith in the One who “always leads us in triumphal procession” (2 Corinthians 2:14). Mighty are You, my “God, mighty to save and mighty to deliver me from all my doubts and fears as I trust in You to guide my steps. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to devour my flesh—my adversaries and foes—they shall stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident… I believe I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living” (Psalm 27:1-13). Even in the very presence of my spiritual enemies who comes to steal and kill and destroy, You will provide for me, protect me, anoint me, and empower me as Your servant and Your son to know who I am in You and who You are in me. And in that place, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life” (Psalm 23:6). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please prayerfully consider joining us with joy in fulfillment of our calling and vision "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" as an Isaiah 35 "Streams in the Desert" Covenant Partner. We believe this is the Lord's plan of provision for our ministry to continue to advance through the wilderness and dry seasons of a challenging economy. I will be glad to talk with you about this: MessiahMin@aol.com Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!