Monday, June 07, 2010

Morning by Morning, Monday 6-7-10 – “Pursue Righteousness” Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Savior and Lord, my Father and Friend, I welcome Your Spirit and Truth into my heart and life throughout the moments of my day. … I woke up this morning with these words rising up from spirit to my mind: “Pursue righteousness.” And as I lay this living word alongside the plumb line of Your written Word, to weigh it and test it, I find this Scripture: “Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life and honor” (Proverbs 21:21). Lord, what are You speaking to me today? … It seems I hear You say: “My son, I desire for you to find life and honor in all you do and in all you are. This is My heart for you, as it would be for any godly father for his daughter or son. You have questions in your mind about your ministry and about your personal relationships. You do well to lay these questions before Me. You do well to ask Me to put My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart, to lift from you all that is not from Me and to seal to you all that is. Do not first seek the answers. First, seek Me, for I am your Answer. Pursue Me. Pursue My mind and My heart in every matter of your life. Pursue My righteousness, for I am your Righteousness. As you do, I will set all things in right order. I will align your heart and your mind with Mine. Is this not the very journey of your life? Is this not My will for all My children, that all would grow in the wisdom of God and maturity of spirit in the journey of intimate relationship with Me, as I conform each one into the image of My Son?” Yes, Lord. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I pursue You and Your righteousness. I surrender and submit my thoughts to Your thoughts, my desires to Your desires, my will to Your will. Take from me what is not of You and seal to me all that is. Help me “Seek first the Kingdom of God and (Your) righteousness, (knowing that then) all these things shall be added to (me)” (Matthew 6:33, NKJV). To “pursue” is active, deliberate, intentional, persistent—even tenacious and aggressive. It is not passive, complacent, stagnant, or inert. It’s a choice You set before me every moment of every day. And as I persist in pursuing You and Your righteousness, I know the answers I seek will come—all in Your timing, all in Your will, all in Your way. And I believe this is the heart of Your sons and daughters that brings great joy to You. “But as for you, man of God, … pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life, to which you were called and for which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses” (1 Timothy 6:11-12). Yes, Lord. By the grace of God, I will. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, let's pray for one another to faithfully, fearlessly pursue the will of God for our lives, entrusting our will to His will, trusting Him to then conform our will and our nature into His a little more every day, with breakthroughs and encounters all along the way. Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!