Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Living by Faith 6-15-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice. Lead me deep into Your Word and draw me close into Your Spirit. … “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: ‘For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.’ But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe in the saving of the soul” (Hebrews 10:35-39, NKJV). I want to live my life by faith, to live a life that pleases You. I want to press on to the prize and endure to the end. Don’t let me draw back; don’t let me hold back; don’t let me give anything less that all I have and all I am. Don’t let me expect anything less than the fullness of all You have promised to me in Your Word and confirmed to me by Your Spirit. And by the grace of God, I will not strive in my own strength, nor insist on my own way. I will not impose my will upon Your will. I will not impose my picture of what I think Your plans should look like upon the blank canvas of my life I’ve asked You to paint. You’re the Master. And I trust Your creativity to make a masterpiece of any life fully entrusted to You. Living by faith is believing that every little stroke is significant—each in its own time, each in its own place—until one day they all reveal what You had promised all along. At times it may look messy and undefined, hard to see what’s taking shape. But there’s purpose in every stroke. Give me Your enduring faith to patiently persist until the day Your painting is finished. Let me have no doubt that You are able and You are faithful to bring to completion all You have begun to still make something beautiful out of my messy life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night June 18th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. I will be leading in Prayer while Brooke and Shannon Barrett will be leading in Worship and as we also honor Laura Beach and her ministry this month. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Friends, here's a note from Laura Beach with Equipping Lydia Ministries about events coming up. We'll be celebrating Laura's ordination as a Deacon in the United Methodist Church at The Fountain next Friday Night, as we pray blessings for her at the conclusion of our three year mentoring journey for her. Please come join us next Friday Night! Friday, June 18, 2010 – Spiritual Refreshment Retreat Women of Faith, you are invited to come away with Equipping Lydia on Friday June 18. We will have our monthly spiritual refreshment retreat at A Quiet Place in Bryantsville, Kentucky. That evening, retreats are also welcome at the Messiah Ministries Fountain Healing Service which begins at 7 p.m. at Centenary Church on Tates Creek Road in Lexington. It will be a beautiful day of healing rest. To register for the retreat, email retreats@equipinglydia.org or go to www.equippinglydia.org for details. There is no need to register for the Fountain. Friday, June 25 - Mother, Are You Sitting Down? Lisa Baker's story of God's amazing love and faithfulness for a mother and her daughter. Lisa Baker’s testimony as a mother is one of yielding to God through the challenge of raising a beautiful but strong willed child. If you are a mother who needs a word of hope, come and be encouraged and strengthened by God’s love through Lisa’s journey with her daughter Jaime. 9 a.m. – 12 noon, Lexington, Kentucky. For details, go to: http://www.equippinglydia.org/PDFs/lisabaker.pdf or www.equippinglydia.org Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!