Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Walking Through the Open Door 6-1-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my heart and life. … “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of the holy One, the true One, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens: ‘Look, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name’ ” (Revelation 3:7-8). I’ve seen Your power to change my life and the lives of so many others—the power of salvation and sanctification, the power of healing and deliverance, the power of forgiveness and redemption—all expressed through the power of Your grace and Your love. And I’ve seen You entrust Your power through the anointing of Your Spirit to those who commit themselves to seek to live by Your word and be known by Your name (Luke 9:1-2; 10:1-12). As the Father sent You, so You send us in the abiding Presence of Your Holy Spirit and the authority of Your name to continue Your ministry of changing lives in the power of Your love for the glory of Your name (John 20:21). Yet even this is “but little power” compared to what is to come in the days ahead. There will be even “greater works than these” as we are found faithful to allow You to prepare the way of the Lord in us and in all the earth (John 14:12). In this hour, You set before each of us an open door. It is a door of identity and destiny, vision and calling, the fullness of our salvation and our significance as the sons and daughters of God, as servants of our King and Your Kingdom. You hold the key to that door. But through the sacrifice of the power of Your blood poured out for us at the Cross and through the anointing of Your Holy Spirit poured out upon us as Your Church at Pentecost, that door is unlocked and open before each one of us. Lord, give us eyes to see that door. Give us eyes to see You, Lord Jesus, for You are that door—“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved…” (John 10:9, NKJV). As I look to You alone, Lord Jesus, as the open door of my identity and destiny, give me courage to enter into the fullness of my salvation in You. Don’t let me turn to the left or the right, but only move forward into the way You’ve set before me. Don’t let me get ahead or behind, but move right in line and right on time with all You have for me. Shut every door that’s not in complete alignment with Your timing and Your will, and open every one that is (Isaiah 22:22). Make me increasingly sensitive to the leading of Your Spirit and increasingly full of faith to believe You’re answering this prayer because I’m praying Your will. “Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we will have the petitions asked of Him” (1 John 5:14-15, NKJV). So by the power of Your grace and Your love, I’m looking to the One who is my Open Door. And I’m walking through. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer to walk in obedience and faith with God through some opportunities that seem to be opening up for the longer term vision and calling of Messiah Ministries. And I pray the blessing of the Lord's leading to open and shut the doors of His will for you, as you entrust yourself to Him. God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!