Monday, September 27, 2010

“New Wine” Every Day 9-27-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Father God. Good morning, Holy Spirit. You are One and You are holy. And by the grace of God, I am wholly Yours. … “No one sows a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old cloak, for the patch pull away from the cloak, and a worse tear is made. Neither is new wine put into old wineskins; otherwise, the wine skins burst, and the wine is spilled, and the skins are destroyed; but new wine is put into fresh wineskins, and so both are preserved” (Matthew 9:16-17). On the day of Pentecost, all Your disciples who had been watching and waiting, hungering and thirsting to see what You would do next in their lives were “filled with the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:4). And all the onlookers and naysayers, all the ones who were just happy to stay as they were and just settle for what they had “sneered and said, ‘They are filled with new wine’ ” (v. 2:13). They supposed Your disciples were drunk, but it was only nine o’clock in the morning. They weren’t consuming new wine; they were being consumed with the Spirit and power of the Presence of God in new way they had never known. Their lives would never be the same. Now every day, we can be embraced by our Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. We can be consumed with the Spirit and power and Presence of God in a new way we’ve never known before. And You want to pour out Your Spirit into the hearts of all who are hungering and thirsting for more of You (v. 2:17). In that sense, every day to be the Day of the Lord. Every day is to be the day of our personal Pentecost. We can never be filled too much and never be filled too often with Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). But the new wine of Your Holy Spirit can’t fill an old wine skin. Every day, I must freshly humble myself with fresh hunger and fresh faith. Every day, I must be ready to be stretched and shaped in my human spirit for a fresh filling of Your Holy Spirit if I’m to imbibe the new wine You’re ready to pour out into my heart for each new day. Let me never settle for yesterday’s filling of yesterday’s wine. Let me always be excited and expectant to see what You’ll do next with my life. Your mercies are “new every morning” and the outpouring of Your steadfast love never comes to an end (Lamentations 3:22-23). So keep stretching my wine skin and keep filling me with Your new wine, so that every day I can say, “I’ll never be the same.” In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer in preparation for my time of ministry in Wales, with Heather Butler and our team at gatherings we'll lead all across the country during our Encounter Wales revival campaign during the month of October. If you'd like to be on our interactive intercessory prayer team, please let me know and I'll get you on our email prayer team list. Thank you and God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!