Thursday, September 02, 2010

Mystery of Faith Working through Love 9-2-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Lord and my God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—be high and lifted up in my heart and my thoughts, now at the beginning and throughout the moments of my day. … “If I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory” (1 Timothy 3:15-16). Lord Jesus, You are the mystery of our religion. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit in the oneness and unity of the three Persons of God, eternally bound together and expressing Yourself as God who is Love (1 John 4:8). And out of Your love, You created us for relationship and provided for us a means of intimacy and eternity with You in that relationship, despite everything in us that’s not yet like You (John 3:16). You’ve created us in Your nature to live in Your nature with You and with one another, proclaiming Your nature with our lives throughout the world. This is what it is to be Your children, Your disciples, Your body, the household and church of the living God, living our faith in You. This is the pillar and bulwark of truth. “For through the Spirit, by faith, we eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness…. The only thing that counts is faith working through love” (Galatians 5:5-6). In the mystery of our faith and all by Your grace, help me love well today. When I speak the truth, let me speak it in love. When I serve others as the hands and feet of the body of Christ, let me serve in love. Even when I’m called to confront evil and injustice, whether in the spirit or in the flesh, let me confront it from the place of love. Remind me every day that my true battle is not against human flesh and blood; my true battle is against the spiritual forces of wickedness in this present darkness who oppose and oppress the children of God from knowing and living their identity and destiny in the intimate knowledge of the love of God (Ephesians 6:12). Remind me every day that You are the heart of my faith, that You are love, and that living my faith means loving You and loving others however Your Spirit may lead. “Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. God’s love was revealed among us this way: God sent His only Son into this world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and His love is perfected in us” (1 John 4:7-12). One day, You were taken up in glory from Your season of life in the flesh on this earth; and one day, You will return in glory in the same way (Acts 1:9-11). But every day in between those days, You want to live in glory through each of us by the Spirit of Your love. We are to live out this great mystery of our faith working through the power of Your love throughout all the earth. In this way, “the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord” (Habakkuk 2:14). In this way, the earth is to be filled with the love of the God who is love. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My friend, thank you for joining with me in this journey of growing in God's faith and love through the challenges we face and the opportunities we have every day. I love you and I thank you for loving me, as we love God together and allow Him to express His love through our lives in the way His Holy Spirit leads every day. Thank you for every way you have expressed your encouragement, support, and love to me and our ministry in so many ways. May God be glorified in our lives and throughout the earth. I pray that for you this day and every day in Jesus' name. God bless you! Please come join us if you can and spread the word to anyone who may be interested: September 8-11, 2010 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry- Level I with Messiah Ministries in Lexington, Kentucky Join us for a focused time of teaching, equipping, personal ministry, worship and impartation for healing prayer ministry led by Tommy Hays and our teaching team of experienced prayer ministers at Messiah Ministries. Scholarships are available as needed so all can attend. Please spread the word to anyone who may be interested in equipping for prayer ministry and moving forward in their spiritual gifts. We will study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: Contact Marilyn Walker, DirOfMinistries@aol.com or cell 859-317-1591 Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!