Thursday, September 09, 2010

“At the Name of Jesus” 9-9-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the first word I speak this morning. It’s my prayer and it’s my declaration that I entrust myself and my day to You. … “Therefore God also highly exalted Him and gave Him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:9-11). Jesus…. When Your name is spoken, the spiritual atmosphere immediately changes. Knees bow. Tongues speak. In both the heavenly realm and the earthly realm Your name is know, Your name is powerful, and Your name is exalted. God the Father is glorified when the name of God the Son is spoken as God the Holy Spirit lifts our eyes, open our hearts, and bows our knees before the One who is worthy of all honor and glory and praise. Jesus, Your name is above every name. Your nature is above every nature. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit. And You desire me to be one with You—to identify with Your name and to grow into Your nature. “Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him” (1 Corinthians 6:17). You desire to conform me into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). You desire Your nature to become my nature, that I might have “the mind of Christ” (Philippians 2:5); have “the Spirit of Christ” (Romans 8:9); and have my place in “the body of Christ” (1 Corinthians 12:27). So as I speak Your name and seek Your nature, I bow my knees and open my heart. I declare with my mouth that “Jesus Christ is Lord” (Philippians 2:11). To be Lord is to be in charge, to be in control, to be in the place of leadership and authority in my life. And I trust Your Lordship over me because I trust Your love toward me. You loved me so much that You set aside the glory of heaven to humble Yourself in the likeness of human flesh and blood to endure the penalty and shame for all my sins that I could embrace the intimacy and eternity of Your love for me forever (Philippians 2:6-8). Your name is worthy to be praised and You are worthy to be my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer this week for our four day intensive School of Spiritual Ministry that I'll be leading in Lexington. The Presence of the glory of the Lord with us has been unusually deep already and a couple of our students already experienced a physical healing as the Lord ministers His teaching and impartation in the power of His love. Please let me know if you'd be interested in coming to our Level I or Level II School sometime at various times throughout the year. For those who can't come, you can order the dvd's from our past schools and I'll be glad to send along the powerpoint presentation of the teaching to help equip the saints for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11). MessiahMin@aol.com or www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!