Friday, September 03, 2010

“Supply and Multiply” 9-3-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Mighty and powerful, just and true, You are my King and I worship You. … “He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity, which will produce thanksgiving to God through us; for the rendering of this ministry not only supplies the needs of the saints but also overflows with many thanksgivings to God…. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift” (2 Corinthians 9:10-15). Thank You for all the seed You’ve supplied to me. It’s not seed like sunflower seeds—for me to take it for myself to savor in my mouth until I spit out what I don’t want and keep what I do. It’s not seed for me at all. It’s more like tomato seeds. I enjoy the fruit and then sow the seeds from that fruit to produce a harvest of even more fruit. And in the ways of Your Spirit, You supply my seed as You supply the fruit of all I need. You want me to enjoy the fruit of what You’ve given me, but then You want me to take my seed and sow it for the multiplied increase of fruit for Your harvest of righteousness in the earth. You supply and multiply Your seed to Your people for Your—not our selfishness, sinfulness, and self-centeredness, but for Your righteousness, as You redeem and restore all things in the right order of right relationship with You and one another in the earth. You’ve given me the incredible fruit of the Kingdom of God through Your relationship with me in Christ—“righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit” (Romans 14:17). You’ve given me provision of money and resources for all my needs. You’ve given me protection and shelter from the enemy of my soul and the harsh elements and storms that come with life in a broken, fallen world. You’ve given me wisdom to walk in the ways of the Lord, whether I’ve learned it from trusting Your Word or learned it when I didn’t and found out the hard way just how right and true Your Word really is. From the beginning, Satan’s been there offering to me his fruit of sin, but You’ve been there offering Your fruit of righteousness. And whichever fruit I choose to eat, seed is supplied and then multiplied as I sow into this earth and into the lives of others. Whether good seed or bad seed, it’s seed that will be sown and produce a harvest. Lord, forgive me when I’ve taken the wrong fruit and then sown the wrong seed. Forgive me when I’ve take Your fruit and enjoyed it for myself and then failed to sow the seed into Your earth and Your people for Your purposes to produce a harvest of Your righteousness in my generation and in those to come. Lord, teach me to receive Your gifts of grace gratefully and cheerfully. And also give me Your Spirit of “a cheerful giver” that You love to bless so I can be Your blessing to others (2 Corinthians 9:7). “The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work” (v. 9:6-8). Lord, show me today the “good work” You are doing in the earth where You want me to sow cheerfully and bountifully with the seed You’ve supplied in my life. Then multiply it for the glory of Your name and the harvest of Your righteousness. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please come join us if you can and spread the word to anyone who may be interested: September 8-11, 2010 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry- Level I with Messiah Ministries in Lexington, Kentucky Join us for a focused time of teaching, equipping, personal ministry, worship and impartation for healing prayer ministry led by Tommy Hays and our teaching team of experienced prayer ministers at Messiah Ministries. Scholarships are available as needed so all can attend. Please spread the word to anyone who may be interested in equipping for prayer ministry and moving forward in their spiritual gifts. We will study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: Contact Marilyn Walker, DirOfMinistries@aol.com or cell 859-317-1591 Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!