Wednesday, September 15, 2010

“Show Me the Path of Life” 9-15-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Break into my day like the sun’s morning rays breaking through the dawn. … “I say to the Lord, ‘You are my Lord; I have no good apart from You.’ … The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot…. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I keep the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved…. You show me the path of life. In Your Presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:2-11). My ministry leadership team and I have spent a couple of days at the cabin at the lake to seek Your face, hear Your voice, and follow Your vision for the ministry You’ve entrusted to us. It’s so good to spend some time away with You and with one another, for You to continue to align our hearts and minds with Yours. But in these focused times worship, silence, prayer, and conversation, You move through our words and thoughts to show us the path of life for our calling and vision. It’s exciting to remember so many of the things You’ve done and lives You’ve changed, including each of our own. It’s inspiring to remember the challenges of the past year, only to see Your faithful right hand guide us through every step. And it’s thrilling to think of all that lays ahead as we seek together to enter into the promises You’ve set before us. You’ve been extending our territory, lengthening our stakes, and strengthening our bonds. You’ve used every challenge to teach us to trust You more, giving us courage to risk making mistakes as we do our best, all by Your grace, to follow the path we believe You’ve set before us. Thank You for Your encouragement and confirmation when it seems we’ve heard well and advanced far. Thank You for Your mercy and redemption when it seems we’ve heard wrong and miss-stepped. But You know our heart to seek You and follow You, and You’ve been so faithful and good, steadfast in the love of Your Presence to be with us through it all. So You keep setting our boundary lines of our present and keep lifting our eyes to the horizon of our tomorrow. Surely You’ve set them in pleasant places. They most surely will not always be easy places, painless places because the struggles and challenges are just part of the adventure to teach us desperate dependence upon You alone in our journey to become all You’ve created us and called us to be. But there will be plenty of joy in the journey, as we live and love and laugh all along the way. We have no good apart from You and we praise God we never have to be apart from You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for every way you encourage us, pray for us, and support us to seek and follow the will of God in the of life He has for me and Messiah Ministries. We are "preparing the way of the Lord ... ministering the healing love of God" to the glory of the Father, in the name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit. And we couldn't do it without God and without you! God bless you! For those who would like to be part of our interactive intercessory prayer team, please send me a note and I'll get you connected with our team. MessiahMin@aol.com Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!