Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Filled with Joy! - Dec 14, 2010

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You the offering of my first thoughts of my first moments of this new day. 

“When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud cry, ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me? For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there was be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord’ ” (Luke 1:41-45).

Spirit to spirit, heart to heart, deep to deep (Psalm 42:7). The child in Elizabeth’s womb and the Child in Mary’s womb were filled with the Spirit of God. And the stirring of Your Spirit stirred up the expression of joy. “In Your Presence there is fullness of joy! (Psalm 16:11)

We need Your joy in our world today. I need Your joy in my world today. The expression of joy is an evidence of presence of the Kingdom of God within us. “For the Kingdom of God is … righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit” (Romans 14:17). Fill me afresh with Your joy today—not joy that everything around me is perfect and wonderful, but joy that the Spirit of Your Presence abides within me and flows out from me.

Let the Spirit of God within me leap for joy with the Spirit of God with my brothers and sisters of the family God everywhere I go today. Let us rejoice, even in the midst of a world that doesn’t feel like rejoicing. Let us not be overcome by the doom and gloom of the world around us, but let us overcome that doom and gloom with the joy of the Lord flowing our of our hearts. You speak to our hearts, encourage our souls, and stir up our spirits “that (our) joy may be full” (1 John 1:4, KJV). Fill us with the fullness of Your joy today. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

To Comment or Reply:  TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe, Contribute, or Order Resources:  www.messiah-ministries.org

Friends, please prayerfully consider Messiah Ministries in your year-end giving, as you join with us in our ministry to others. Your support and encouragement is truly needed and greatly appreciated. God bless you! -- Tommy

Come to The Fountain This Friday Night! Dec 17 at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries monthly, citywide gathering for Prayer, Praise & Healing Worship. All are welcome! Come drink deeply from the Living Water as we worship God in Spirit and Truth, welcoming His healing Word and Presence into our lives and the burdens on our hearts. This month, Jeff Green will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin will be leading in prayer, while I’m speaking at The Vineyard Church in Lexington for Celebrate Recovery. The Fountain is led by Messiah Ministries and hosted monthly in the Chapel at Centenary Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd., Lexington, KY 40502. If you’re in our area, please come with a friend and spread the word!