Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Right Place, Right Time - Dec 21

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill my heart with great tidings of comfort and joy in the abiding peace of Your Presence. 

“Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David, called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a Child” (Luke 2:4-6).

Joseph and Mary were strategically positioned in the right place at the right time for a mighty move of God in their lives—the birth of Christ. Did they know of the prophecy centuries before that Bethlehem would be the birthplace of the Messiah, their Child? (Micah 5:2) Or were they just obeying the political orders of the secular government that seemingly ruled their nation ?(Luke 2:1) Ultimately, no matter what Mary and Joseph were thinking, no matter what Caesar was thinking, You were thinking You wanted the Son of God to be born in Bethlehem. And so He was (Luke 2:7).

Lord, let every day be a day You are strategically positioning me for Your purposes in my life. I want to be in the right place at the right time for every mighty move of God that You’ve prophesied or planned to come to pass. I don’t yet fully understand the tension between Your sovereignty and our freedom, between the plans we make and the plans You make that come together in fulfillment of what You’ve always known all along. But I do know that it was not until “the fullness of time had come, (that) God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children” (Galatians4:4-5).

So Lord, I entrust myself to the fullness of Your timing and the fulfillment of Your plans, as best as I can and all by Your grace. I want my free choices to align with Your sovereign will. Use all the authorities and circumstances of my life to guide my heart and my steps into the fulfillment of Your purposes. Put Your thoughts in my mind. Put Your desires in my heart. Let me lean not on my own understanding, but trust in You with all my heart, acknowledging You in all my ways, that You may direct my path (Proverbs 3:5-6). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

To Comment or Reply:  TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe, Contribute, or Order Resources:  www.messiah-ministries.org

Friends, please prayerfully consider Messiah Ministries in your year-end giving, as you join with us in our ministry to others. Your support and encouragement is truly needed and greatly appreciated:  Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, KY 40502; on-line at www.messiah-ministries.org ; or by phone at 859-317-1591.  God bless you and Merry Christmas!  --Tommy & all of us at Messiah Ministries