Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Overshadowed and Empowered by the Holy Spirit - Dec 7, 2010

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to welcome You in to every moment of my day. 

“The angel said to her, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the Child to be born will be holy; He will be called Son of God’ ” (Luke 1:35).

When Your Holy Spirit comes upon us, the power of the Most High overshadows us. When the power of the Most High overshadows us, Your holy purposes are birthed and empowered within us. The purposes of God through the lives of the sons and daughters of God are performed by the Spirit of God moving upon us and stirring within us in the power of God. As You said to Your first disciples, so You continue to speak to all Your disciples:  “See, I am sending upon you what My Father has promised; so stay here in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high” (Luke 24:49). “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).

Lord, I need to be empowered with Your Holy Spirit every moment of every day. I need the power of the Most High to overshadow me and overwhelm me with Your word and Your will for my life, to clothe me and anoint me with Your Spirit of Life and Truth to be Your witness in my world. Come, Holy Spirit—You are the promise of my Father; You are the Spirit of Christ in me, forming the nature of Christ within me, equipping and empowering the ministry of Christ through me. This is the blessing, the calling, and the promise of all the sons and daughters of God, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Reply to Tommy Hays:  tommyhays@aol.com
Subscribe for Prayer:     www.messiah-ministries.org

Christmas Party Dec 10th! w/ Messiah Ministries & Tommy Hays

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=JfU6g&m=IirIGiTqMw1LL5&b=H9W4DcmIGxqv8HFd0hJWaw
Friends of Tommy Hays & Messiah Ministries ...
Come Join Us Friday Night, December 10th!
Messiah Ministries Christmas Party
Come for an evening of fellowship & refreshments, worship, and hearing stories of God's glory and all He is doing through Messiah Ministries at home and abroad. Come and bring friends to learn more about our ministry and join in prayer and provision for our calling and vision--
"Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God"
 
6:30 in the Chapel & Foyer at Centenary UMC
2800 Tates Creek Rd., Lexington
Please RSVP to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591
 
God bless you and Merry Christmas from all of us at Messiah Ministries!
--Tommy Hays, Founder & Spiritual Director
 
Subscribe to our Events Calendar & Newsletter or
Tommy's Daily Prayer Devotional, Morning by Morning
at our New Web Site:  www.messiah-ministries.org