Friday, March 04, 2011

“Blessed Hope” - March 4

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Show me the way to live my life in Your truth today. …

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all, training us to renounce impiety and worldly passions, and in the present age to live lives that are self-controlled, upright, and godly, while we wait for the blessed hope and the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is He Who gave Himself up for us that He might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for Himself a people of His own who are zealous for good deeds” (Titus 2:11-14).

If I’m really honest with You and honest with myself, I have to admit there’s still much in me that’s not yet like You. In my thoughts and desires, there remains much of the impieties and passions of this world. But at the same time, I can honestly say that I do desire to be more like You each day. So I am asking You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. I want to “have the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16).

In the power of Your grace, I want to be “zealous for good deeds” that comes out of a heart that’s been changed and a mind that’s been renewed—not just trying to do good deeds because I’ll feel good if I do and bad if I don’t, but because that’s become my nature. “For it is God Who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13). I want to be one of those redeemed by Your blood and purified by Your fire, shining as one of Your lights in the midst of the darkness of this broken and fallen world (Philippians 2:15). That’s my “blessed hope” in the power of the grace of God.

I have far to go, but at least You’ve set my heart and my feet upon this journey. Keep me from turning back or turning aside. Keep me from being a hypocrite that prays one thing in the morning and then does another thing when I come out of my prayer closet and into the world. Keep me “holding fast to the Word of Life that I can boast on the day of Christ that I did not run in vain or labor in vain” (Philippians 2:16). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, yesterday we prayed for God's healing and deliverance with a young man entering rehab today from heroine addiction and self-destruction. I was humbly reminded how we all need Jesus--no matter how much our lives have fallen apart or how much we think we're holding it together. Each of us could say, "There, but for the grace of God, go I." I pray for the fullness of God's salvation and grace in your life today, in Jesus' name. God bless you and thank you for joining with me on the journey of prayer.


The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Equipping, Training, Impartation for Healing Prayer Ministry
Friends, please come join us and spread the word with someone who may be interested for our next Messiah Ministries’ 4 Day Intensive School of Ministry that I'll be leading in March in Lexington ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ). Scholarships are available as needed.

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home - bottom left corner