Tuesday, March 15, 2011

“By His Powerful Word” - March 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. …

“Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by the Son, Whom He appointed heir of all things, through Whom He also created the worlds. He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and He sustains all things by His powerful word” (Hebrews 1:1-3).

Lord Jesus, You perfectly reveal the Father’s heart in the Father’s Spirit, for You and the Father and the Holy Spirit are One (John 17:20-23). You sustain all things by Your powerful word. You created the worlds in the power of Your word. And You desire to speak Your word to our hearts to create our lives to be all You’ve intended them to be. We are to listen for Your leading, hear Your voice, and obey Your word (John 10:27). You are the Word of God (John 1:1).

As I wait on Your Spirit to speak Your word, it seems I hear You say: “My son, My son, you are a son of God, created to display My glory through your life. This is My heart for all My children. I in you and you in Me, one in the Spirit, one in the Lord. Yield your will to My will and I will cause your ways to align with My ways. Listen for My voice throughout the moments of your day, and I will say to your heart, ‘This is the way, walk in it.’”

Yes, Lord. Make me more sensitive. Help me take time to be more quiet and help me continue that quietness of spirit, attuned to Your Spirit, as I go about my day. I want to follow You, yielded to Your will, walking in Your ways. Correct me when I’m wrong, convict me when I sin, redirect me when stray. I want my journey through this time You’ve given me on earth to honor You and fulfill me.

Only by Your grace can I ever dream to “display (Your) glory” through my life, given all my sins and failures and insecurities along the way (Isaiah 61:3). But I praise God that I have Your grace to cover my sins, redeem my failures, and heal my insecurities as You choose to walk with me through this journey. So I choose, as best as I can and all by Your grace, to listen for Your powerful word and walk in the way that leads to the life You’ve intended for me and continue to create through me—step by step, morning by morning, day by day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! March 18th, our Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month and I'll be leading in prayer. All are welcome!

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Join with our Ministry: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute