Tuesday, March 01, 2011

“Ready to Be Sought Out” in Love - March 1

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Lord and Savior, Healer and Deliverer, Mighty God and Best Friend. …

“I was ready to be sought out by those who did not ask, to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, ‘Here I am, Here I am,’ to a nation that did not call on My name. I held out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; a people who provoke Me to My face continually…” (Isaiah 65:1-3).

You created us for relationship. It’s Your nature to love us, to call out to us, to want to spend time with us, “for God is love” (1 John 4:8). And love requires relationship. A relationship of love requires the freedom to accept that love or reject it, to embrace the love that’s offered or rebel against it. Love is willing to risk the pain of being spurned for the sake of the joy of being accepted. Love can do no other and still be love.

I know every morning, You wait for me to seek You ought. I know throughout my day, You long for me to call on Your name and follow the leading of Your voice. I know when I come to the end and lay down to sleep, You listen for me to confess my sins and celebrate my joys with the One Who’s been with me through every moment but wants me to acknowledge Your Presence.

Forgive me when I’ve turned away in rebellion or looked away with indifference. Forgive me when I’ve chosen to walk in my own ways and follow my own devices, instead of Yours. Forgive me when provoked You or spurned You or just failed to fully honor You and acknowledge You in all my ways. Forgive me and my nation, especially all who are called by Your name and have received the gift of Your salvation without remembering to thank the Giver for all Your blessings of mercy and grace. Forgive me and my nation where we’ve taken our inheritance and our heritage for granted.

O Lord, let us remember “the God of faithfulness” and be faithful to You alone, with all our hearts, once again (Isaiah 65:16). Let us not be among those “who have abandoned the love (we) had at first” (Revelation 2:4). Let us not be among those whose love “will grow cold” (Matthew 24:12). You are here, with us always, saying, “Here I am. Remember Me. Turn to Me. Welcome Me. Embrace Me. Follow Me. Love Me, for I love you.” Lord, I love You too. And by Your grace, let my life express my love. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, I praise God for the encouraging news we received yesterday that a ministry in Australia ordered 100 of my books, Free to Be Like Jesus - Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance! This book is my expression of the spiritual principles of healing prayer ministry and living life as a disciple of Christ from my first 13 years of ministry. You can order my books and the other CDs, DVDs, and resources for spiritual transformation at www.messiah-ministries.org/resources All proceeds go toward the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries--"Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God

The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Equipping, Training, Impartation for Healing Prayer Ministry
Friends, please come join us and spread the word with someone who may be interested for our next Messiah Ministries’ 4 Day Intensive School of Ministry that I'll be leading in March in Lexington ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ). Scholarships are available as needed.

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home - bottom left corner