Tuesday, September 04, 2012

"By My Spirit" - September 4

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let this day be a good day, because my good God is guiding my steps into all that You know is best for me. ...


"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6).


The purposes of God can't be accomplished by mere human might and power. And whatever we do seem to accomplish in our own might and power should rightfully be questioned whether it was really the purposes of God or our own. Apart from You, we can do nothing (John 15:5). Apart from you, even our most righteous deeds are only filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6).


So, Lord, I don't want to be apart from You. I don't want to make my plans and make my choices to accomplish my own purposes in my own might and power. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to be wholly surrendered and completely yielded to You and Your will. Help me begin and continue each day emptied of myself and filled with Your Spirit. When I fail, please be quick to restore me; when I misstep, please be quick to correct me. Don't let me waste a moment of these limited days You've entrusted to us to live and serve on this side of heaven (Matthew 25:21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out



Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40502