Saturday, September 08, 2012

Commit and Trust - September 9

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be my wisdom and my vision; be my strength and my guide. Speak, and I will listen; lead, and I will follow - as best as I can and all by Your grace. ...


"Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will act. He will make your vindication shine like the light, and the justice of your cause like noonday" (Psalm 37:5-6).


Help me begin each day choosing to trust You, choosing to commit my way to You. Then help me live that out throughout the moments of my day. I know You love me and I know You're for me; I know You want Your very best for me and for every one of Your children.


You're my Father and Friend - You correct me when I'm wrong and comfort me when I hurt. You're my Advocate and Counselor - You speak up for me when I'm misunderstood and teach me when I misunderstand. You're my Lord and Savior - You take control when I entrust myself to You and make me whole and free when nothing else in all this world ever will or ever can.


You call us and encourage us: "Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him, do not fret.... Refrain from anger, forsake wrath. Do not fret.... Our steps are made firm by the Lord, when He delights in our way; though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong, for the Lord holds us by the hand.... Depart from evil and do good; so you shall abide forever. For the Lord loves justice; He will not forsake His faithful ones" (v. 37:7-28).


This is the heritage we have as sons and daughters of God, when we willingly choose to find our hope and refuge in You alone (v.37:1-40). You act mercifully and move mightily on behalf of all who commit their way to You. It's never on the basis of our righteousness, but Yours. It's never on the basis of what we deserve, but what You have done. And it's never on the basis of who anyone says we are, but who You are and who You say we are, as children of God through Jesus Christ our Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out

2800 Tates Creek Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40502