Friday, September 21, 2012

Show Me the Way to Choose - September 21

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and open up my spirit to seek Your face and listen for Your voice. ...


"Good and upright is the Lord; therefore He instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble His way. All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep His covenant and His decrees. For Your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my guilt for it is great. Who are they that fear the Lord? He will teach them the way that they should choose" (Psalm 25:8-12).


O Lord, You know me even more than I do and more than anyone else. You know every thought of my mind, every yearning of my spirit, every desire of my heart, every weakness of my soul. Yet You still love me. Yet You're always for me. And You're always reaching out to me to help me hear Your voice, follow the leading of Your Spirit, and walk in way that I should choose.


Forgive me for every time I felt I knew Your voice and sensed the leading of Your Spirit that was my own desire out of my own sense of need or my own wisdom, instead of Yours. Help me learn from my mistakes, my missteps, and my sins. Help me grow in wisdom and maturity of spirit. Thank You for the wisdom that comes by living through the humiliation and pain of our mistakes. And thank You for the grace that comes when we earnestly repent and entrust ourselves completely to You. "The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; and broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise" (Psalm 51:17).


Help me make right choices in the circumstances I face today and every day. Help me truly hear Your voice and truly sense the leading of Your Spirit. Help me surrender my lordship to Your Lordship of every hurt, every wound, every fear, every failure, every confusion, every battle -- everything.


As best as I can and all by Your grace, I want to live my life for the sake of Christ. I want to choose what is right and then live it out by the power of Your grace. And if I misunderstand and choose what is wrong, I want You to convict me and correct me and then help me live it out by the power of Your grace. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' So I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends,  thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer. Please pray for me to make the right decisions in every area, looking to the Lord, but especially in some areas that are esepecially painful and difficult, along with the Godly counsel and steadfast love of those closest to me. I pray the same for you in every area of your life, my friend.
Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502