Thursday, September 20, 2012

Seeking to Know God - September 20

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. I welcome You into the beginning of my day, and throughout every moment, until the end. ...


"Thus says the Lord: Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast boast in this, that they understand and know Me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord" (Jeremiah 9:23-24).


I want to be one who understands You, who knows You. I want to be one who seeks You, who spends time with You, who yields and surrenders completely to You. When all is said and done, Lord, let this be my boast - that I was one who sought You above all else.


Even though this is my desire, I know it's not yet true. I know there are still other things that I find myself seeking or needing or wanting. And even though these may be good things, even things You've created me to need, there is only one thing that is the best thing - to seek and know You above all else.


The more I seek You, the more I will find You (v. 29:13). The more I seek You, the more I will find the fullness of Your nature - that You are full of steadfast love, justice, and righteousness. These are the things that delight You. And as I seek You and allow You to cause me to become more like the One I seek and worship, I will delight in these things as well, more and more every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, thank you for joining with me in the journey of prayer. Please pray for me to make the right decisions in every area, looking to the Lord, but especially in some areas that are esepecially painful and difficult, along with the Godly counsel and steadfast love of those closest to me. I pray the same for you in every area of your life, my friend.



Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out

2800 Tates Creek Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40502