Thursday, May 29, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 29 - Holy Fire

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You with all I am -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I welcome You into all I have, throughout every moment of this day.  ...

"Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard, who has kept us among the living, and has not let our feet slip. For You, O God, have test us; You have tried us as silver is tried. You brought us into the net; You laid burdens on our backs; You let people ride over our heads; we went though fire and through water; yet You have brought us out to a spacious place.... Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what He has done for me.... Blessed be God, because He has not rejected my prayer or removed His steadfast love from me" (Psalm 66:8-16).

Like silver tried and refined in the fire, our hearts are softened, our faith is stretched, and our pride is humbled through the tests and trials we must encounter and endure on our endurance race through this broken and fallen world. Yet You never waste a moment of our sufferings. And You never leave us in the fire any longer than necessary to accomplish the purposes You've willed in Your heart to accomplish in our lives. No matter what comes against us, You cause it all to work together for our good, because You love us and call us according to Your purpose (Romans 8:28).

And like the silversmith who purifies the silver until he can see the reflection of his face on the surface of the metal, You refine us in Your holy fire until You see the reflection of Your nature in our hearts. "His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Thus He has given us, through these things, His precious and very great promises, so that through them (we) may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:3-4).

Holy Spirit, purify me in Your holy fire. Make me more like Jesus today, as You hold me close in the steadfast embrace of my Father's love through anything I may encounter and endure this day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may the Holy Spirit make you more like Jesus today, embraced in your Father's steadfast love. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257



Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue