Friday, May 02, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 2 - Redeemed and Restored

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All that I have and all that I am, I entrust to You today.  ...

"Simon Peter said to them, 'I am going fishing.'... They went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing. Just after daybreak, Jesus stood on the beach; but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, 'Children, you have no fish, have you?' Then answered Him, 'No.' He said to them, 'Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you fill find some... When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on some clothes, for he was naked, and jumped into the sea" (John 21:3-7).

In the face of persecution and out fear of crucifixion, Peter denied you after vowing he never would. Naked and ashamed, stripped of his pride and still hurting inside, he went back to fishing. Though he had now seen the risen Christ, along with Thomas and the other disciples, I'm sure he still wrestled with forgiving himself for failing You. And in the dark night of his soul, he caught nothing.

But "just after daybreak," he heard Your voice again. Like the dawn of a new day, Your voice broke into the darkness of his soul. He remembered You voice and remembered his past when he'd heard You call him to cast his nets on the other side of the boat before. He knew it was You. And though he had failed You, You had never forgotten him. So he jumped into sea and swam out of his self-pity to the shores of Your grace. And there by the warm fire of Your tender mercies and unfailing love, You restored his identity and released him into his destiny (v. 15-19).

Thank You, Jesus, for every time You've never given up on me. Thank You for the dawning of every new day, when You remind me of Your faithfulness in the past and encourage me with Your faithfulness forever. Your love never fails and Your mercies are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. Great is Your love. Great is Your power to redeem and restore, to confirm my identity as a child of God and release me into my destiny as disciple of Christ. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you experience the dawn of a new day, remembering the faithfulness of Jesus whenever you may struggle with failure or lack of faith. May you hear the voice of Jesus calling you to the shore of His grace and the mercies of His embrace, redeemed and restored. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'll be representing Rapha God Ministries this weekend to share some of our insights on ministry of brokenness from trauma at the Advanced Training Inner Healing Ministry Conference, featuring speakers Andy Reese and Candyce Roberts. Come join us if you can at Crossbridge Church in San Antonio. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue