Thursday, May 08, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 8 - Wait for Power to be His Witness

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King and Lord of my life today.  ...

"After His suffering He presented Himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God. While staying with them, He ordered them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father. 'This,' He said, 'is what you have heard from Me; for John baptized with water but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.... But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be My witnesses ... to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:3-8).

Lord Jesus, thank You for sending me to the ends of the earth. Since You called me out of my career as a lawyer and into Your ministry of healing, I've been thrilled to be Your witness of Your power and love in so many nations of the earth. Now I'm so excited to be carrying Your message of hope and healing to the people of Uganda in a couple of days. And I'm excited to hear their stories of Your power and love already in their midst.

But I don't want to go anywhere -- not to Uganda, not across the street in San Antonio -- until I've waited on You and the promise of my Father to be "clothed with power from on high" (Luke 24:49). Fill me up to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). Baptize me afresh in Your Holy Spirit and Your holy Fire (Matthew 3:11). Set me ablaze with a passion for You and for Your people who need to know the power and love of our mighty God.

Like Paul's witness everywhere You sent him, let "my speech and my proclamation (be) not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that (our) faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God (1 Corinthians 2:4-5). "For Christ did not send me to baptize but to proclaim the gospel, and not with eloquent wisdom, so that the cross of Christ might not be emptied of its power" (v. 1:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you would be baptized afresh in the Holy Spirit and God's holy Fire, clothed with power from on high, to be a witness of Jesus wherever He sends you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, our Rapha God Ministries team is preparing to travel to Uganda on Saturday for a week of ministry, partnering with our friends at New Life Endowment Ministries. I'll be teaching on inner healing prayer ministry at the Pastors and Leaders Conference during the days with evangelistic meetings in the evenings. Our team will also be leading a Women's Conference in the evenings and we will also be sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ at an orphanage and schools. Please keep us in your prayers! 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue