Friday, February 13, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 13 - "The Surpassing Value of Knowing Christ"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Change me into Your image from the inside out, morning by morning and step by step.  ...

"Yet whatever gain I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ. More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead" (Philippians 3:7-11).

Paul cared deeply for all that was entrusted to him, with both responsibility and authority, always seeking to serve You and serve Your people in love (1 Corinthians 13:1-3). He said he was like a woman in labor, in the anguish of childbirth, yearning to see the nature of Christ formed in those who were touched by the words and ministry that flowed through his life in the power and grace of Your Holy Spirit (Galatians 4:19). 

At the same time, nothing compared to his passion for You. In comparison to his pursuit of knowing You, everything else -- even every person, every gift, every blessing, every calling and responsibility You personally put in his heart and life with even eternal value and significance -- was as nothing in light of Your place in his life. You were his Foundation; You were his Center; You were his "All in All" (Ephesians 1:23).

Lord Jesus, according to Word of God, nothing surpasses the value of knowing You (Philippians 3:8). Help me know You more. Help me pursue You more. Help me keep You in Your rightful place at the foundation and the center of all of my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you continue to grow in your knowledge and experience of the surpassing value of knowing Christ, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!