Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 3 - Spiritual Maturity

Good morning, Lord Jesus. With all that I am and all that I have, I give myself all to You.  ...

"... until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. We must no longer be children.... But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ..." (Ephesians 4:13-15).

Grow me up in every way into the maturity of Christ. Spiritual maturity is to know Christ. Spiritual maturity is to become like Christ, the full stature of Christ. Spiritual maturity is to be conformed into the image of the Son of God.

Spiritual maturity is not becoming one with the universe or reaching a state of peaceful nothingness or indistinguishable emptiness. It's not becoming enlightened by the ways of the world or the ways of the masters or going along to get along and accepting the lowest common denominator of all the world's beliefs and faiths as my tolerant truth. Spiritual maturity is to be like Jesus.

So every challenge I'll face today is an opportunity to grow in maturity. Every opportunity to speak the truth in love and hear the truth spoken in love, to forgive and be forgiven, to encourage and be encouraged, is an opportunity to be more like You.

Make me more like You today, Lord Jesus. Help me know You more as You truly are. Fill me with Your Spirit. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Remind me of Your ways and empower me to live them, as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will grow in spiritual maturity today, knowing more of Jesus and becoming more like Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Friends, I'm excited to be speaking on Spiritual Maturity and Freedom at the yearly spiritual retreat with St. James United Methodist Church of Athen, Georgia this weekend. I'll also have time to share and minister with their leadership and prayer team Thursday night. Please keep us all in prayer for the Holy Spirit to move in our hearts and change our lives to be more like Jesus. I pray for a mighty move of God's Spirit in the heart of your church as well. God bless you!

 
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!