Monday, February 23, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 23 - "Will You be like Me?"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my spirit as I listen for Your voice, I pray.  ...

It seems I hear You say, "Will you be like Me? Will you allow Me to conform you into My image? This is My desire for each of My children."    ...

As I seek to discern Your words, to seek to confirm I'm truly hearing from You, Your Word comes to mind:  "For those whom He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of the His Son, in order that He might be the firstborn within a large family. And those whom He predestined He also called; and those whom He called He also justified; and those whom He justified He also glorified" (Romans 8:29).

Yes, Lord. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I seek You and willing choose to allow You to conform me into Your image. As You know, I have far to go in this spiritual journey of a lifetime. But this is the lifetime You've given me to seek to be more like You. "And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:17).

From one degree of glory to another, from one day to another, I welcome Your Spirit to be at work in me to make me more like You each day -- "the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Let this be the goal of my life, to be "mature in Christ" (Colossians 1:28). 

For me, it's impossible. But with You, all things are possible. I can't earn this or deserve this; I can't ever do this on my own. But I can willingly choose by the grace You've given me to embrace the power of Your Spirit to work within me to make me like You. My I "be found in (You), not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that come through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith" (Philippians 3:9). "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

In this sense, I seek to surrender all my life to be conformed to the image of Christ. "Thus He has given us, though these promises, His precious and very great promises, so that through them (we) may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature.... Therefore, brothers and sisters, be all the more eager to confirm (our) call and election, for if (we) do this, (we) will never stumble. For in this way, entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly provided for (us)" (2 Peter 1:4-11).

Yes, Lord Jesus. I want to be like You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will be like Jesus, as the Spirit of Christ works within you to conform you into the image of the Son of God more and more, every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
     

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!