Wednesday, February 04, 2015


Morning by Morning, February 4 - The Deep Truth of Mercy and Love

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord. Teach me Your truth; lead me in Your ways. Make me more like You.  ...

As I pray for You to speak to me some deep spiritual truth from the deep things of God, this story from Your Word comes to mind:

"One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to eat with Him, and He went into the Pharisee's house and took His place at the table. And a woman in the city, who was a sinner, having learned that He was eating in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster jar of ointment. She stood behind Him at His feet, weeping, and began to bathe His feet with her tears and to dry them with her hair. Then she continued kissing His feet and anointing them with the ointment. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw it, he said to himself, 'If this Man were a prophet, He would have known who and what kind of woman this is who is touching Him -- that she is a sinner.' Jesus spoke up and said to him, 'Simon, I have something to say to you.' 'Teacher,' he replied, 'speak.' 'A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they could not pay, he canceled the debts for both of them. Now which of them will love him more?' Simon answered, 'I suppose the one for whom he cancelled the greater debt.' And Jesus said to him, 'You have judged rightly.' Then turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, 'Do you see this woman? I entered your housed; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has bathed My feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not stopped kissing My feet. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore, I tell you, her sins, which were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little.' Then He said to her, 'Your sins are forgiven.' Then He said to her, 'You sins are forgiven'" (Luke 7:36-48).

The one who has been forgiven little, loves little; but the one who has been forgiven much, loves much. ...

I love You very much, Lord. You've forgiven me for so much. You know all about me, and yet You love me. You know everything I've ever done and everything I'll ever do, and yet You love me. "In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:10).

Let this deep truth settle deeply into my heart. Deliver me from me every vestige of a pharisaical spirit; purge me from every shed of the sin of self-righteousness and spiritual arrogance. Thank You for allowing me to come bow low and humbly at Your feet, forgiven and free in the power of Your love. Thank You for give me Your heart of mercy and grace for every sinner, like me, who needs it so desperately. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will know how much you are loved in the mercy of God and will pour out that mercy and love everywhere you go, in Jesus' name. Because you've been forgiven much, may you love much. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
   

Friends, I'll be preaching tonight with Max Lucado tonight at the First Wednesday Healing and Worship Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio at 7pm Central Time. We'll be sharing a message on hope and healing, then our Rapha God Ministries team will join the Oak Hills Prayer Team to offer personal prayer ministry. All are welcome. Please come join us if you can or by Live-stream at oakhillschurch.com/live-stream



Friends, I'm excited to be speaking on Spiritual Maturity and Freedom at the yearly spiritual retreat with St. James United Methodist Church of Athen, Georgia this weekend. I'll also have time to share and minister with their leadership and prayer team Thursday night. Please keep us all in prayer for the Holy Spirit to move in our hearts and change our lives to be more like Jesus. I pray for a mighty move of God's Spirit in the heart of your church as well. God bless you!

 
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!