Monday, February 16, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 16 - "Enlightened"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to begin my day seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, walking with You by the heart on this journey of prayer. ...

"I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know Him, so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which He has called you, what are the riches of His glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power for us who believe, according the working of His great power" (Ephesians 1:17-19).

Some say we are "enlightened" when we grow in the wisdom of this world, when we grow in our tolerance to accept as truth whatever anyone else believes to be truth, when we set aside our narrow-minded view that some Spiritual Being that we can't really see and can't really hear and can't really know has the right to reign as sovereign Lord of our lives, even determining for Himself what is to be our way of salvation and our way of life. If we could just let go of all that religious nonsense and spiritual bigotry to only imagine the world to be as one, then we would be enlightened, they say.

Lord, what do You say? I want to be enlightened with the truth, not confused or deceived by what someone says is the truth or wishes to be the truth or believes ought to be the truth. Lord, what is the truth?  ...

As I read Your Word and listen for the voice of Your Spirit, it seems I hear You say:  "My son, I am the Truth. As you welcome My wisdom and My revelation, I enlighten the eyes of your heart to know Me. As you seek Me with all your heart, I lead you to find Me. I want to be found. I want to be known. I want you to seek Me and desire to know Me, but only those who seek Me with humble hearts to know Me as I am, rather than seek to create Me in their own image, will ever begin to know Me, much less embrace Me and honor Me as Lord of their lives and Lord of all."

Yes, Lord. This Word is coming to mind, as I seek to discern whether what I believe I've heard in my heart is true:  "When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:13-14). And this:  "Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near; let the wicked forsake their way, and the unrighteous their thoughts; let them return to the Lord, that He may have mercy on them, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:6-9). "I was ready to be sought out by those who did not ask, and to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am,' to a nation that did not call on My name'" (Isaiah 65:1).

And just as David spoke these wise words of a father's blessing to his son Solomon, so Your Word speaks these words to all who would be Your sons and daughters today:  "And you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with single mind and willing heart; for the Lord searches every mind, and understands every plan and thought. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will abandon you forever" (1 Chronicles 28:9).

Lord, forgive me and the people of my land, for our sins of pride and arrogance whenever we seek to create You in our own image or dictate to You what we believe in our own thoughts and our own ways should be Your truth. "Shall the potter be regarded as the clay? Shall the thing made say of its Maker, 'He did not make me'; or the thing formed say of the One who formed it, 'He has no understanding'?" (Isaiah 29:16)

Give me Your Spirit of revelation and understanding. Give me a deep desire to seek You and Your truth with a humble heart, to seek Your wisdom and Your ways, to seek to know You as You are, not as I believe You should be. I know with all my heart that as I seek You with all my heart, I will find You and I will know You. Let me be "enlightened" with Your truth alone. You alone are "the Way, and the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will move in your heart to seek the Lord and to know Him with all your heart as He is. May you be enlightened with truth by the One who is the Truth, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!