Monday, November 12, 2018

Morning by Morning, November 12 - How to "Draw Near to God"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You and worship You, here in my heart and throughout the moments of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:6).
 
Lord, how do I "draw near" to You?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart, "Surrender and seek. In an attitude of your heart, surrender your heart to Mine, your will to Mine. Allow Me to form My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart. To surrender to Me is to rest in Me. As You do, My Spirit stirs in your spirit to seek Me, to passionately pursue Me, to put Me first above all else. In this trusting surrender and seeking pursuit, you draw near to Me, as You give Me room to move in you to desire and to do this very thing I created you to be -- My beloved one."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. May I be Your beloved one (Song of Solomon 5:1; Ephesians 5:1; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4; Jude 1:1). May I be one who surrenders and seeks, one who draws near and doesn't hold back, one who presses in through passionate pursuit to be as close to You as I can be. Uproot and remove everything in me and everything between us that would ever separate us (James 4:6b; Romans 8:38-39). And replace that all with the intimacy with You that You've created me to know.
 
May I seek You first and fully abide in You (Matthew 6:33; John 15:4). May I draw near to You and become one with You. "Anyone united to the Lord become one spirit with Him.... (My) body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within (me), which (I) have from God" (1 Corinthians 6:17-19). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you draw near to God and become one with Him as His beloved one, just as He created you to be, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Register for the Healing Academy. Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!