Friday, November 15, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 15 - "In the Fear of the Lord"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my heart Your words of Spirit and Truth, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
"He charged them:  'This is how you shall act:  in the fear of the Lord, in faithfulness, and with your whole heart'" (2 Chronicles 19:6).
 
By the power of Your grace at work within me, may I live my life and make my choices, taking these principles to heart:
 
"In the fear of the Lord." Lord, give me a conscious awareness of Your Presence. You're with me always. You see all I do and say. And at the same time, You also hear all I think, You know all I desire, You're aware of even the intents of my heart. In the fear of the Lord, let me live my life as if You were listening in on every conversation and looking in on every situation. Because You are. So may I live in reverent awe of Your Presence and Your place of authority in my life. Let the fear of the Lord be my treasure and my pearl of great price (Isaiah 33:6).
 
"In faithfulness." Lord, may I be found faithful in obedience to Your will. Give me a heart that seeks to find and follow the will of God, trusting You to know what's best. Make me more sensitive to Your correction and more discerning to Your leading. Crucify my flesh and fill me with Your Spirit. Take away my rebellion and remove my resistance, as You renew my passion for the beauty of holiness and the joy of obedience.
 
"With my whole heart." Lord, give me a pure heart that's holy and undefiled, that wholly Yours. I want to be able to love You with an undivided heart in faithful loyalty to You alone. I want to love You with all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and all my strength. Uproot and remove my compromise with the false "gods" of this world, my flesh, and the devil. Take away my desires for the lust of life apart from the life of Christ in me.
 
I can't do any of this on my own. I can't even desire any of this on my own. Apart from You, I can do nothing. But by the power of Your grace at work within me, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can live my life by these standards and with the goals in view -- in the fear of the Lord, in faithfulness, with my whole heart. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you live out the moments and choices of your day in the fear of the Lord, in faithfulness, and with your whole heart, to experience the beauty of holiness and the joy of obedience in the One who loves you and wants the very best for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!