Thursday, November 07, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 7 - Friends and Children of God as the Body and Bride of Christ
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I need You today. Apart from You, I can do nothing, but with God, all things are possible. You are with me and I am with You, right now in this communion of prayer and also with me throughout every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. You did not choose Me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask Him in My name. I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another" (John 15:15-17).
 
We're no longer servants, but sons. We're no longer slaves, but free. We're no longer stuck in our sins, but saved by Your grace. We're no longer just anybody, but the body of Christ. We're no longer orphans, but adopted as heirs into the family of God. We're no longer alone and available to be used and abused by the world, but the very bride of Christ.
 
We are who You say we are. And we will do what You say we will do. We go in the power and authority of Your name and in the nature of Your character of love to bear fruit that will last. In Your grace and for Your glory, we are anointed and appointed, chosen and called, sent forth to display Your glory through our lives that are laid down and wholly surrendered to You and filled with Your Spirit.
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Give me eyes to see myself and see those around me with Your eyes and Your heart -- my fellow friends and sons and daughters of God, Your beloved bride and body of Christ. Your Spirit bears witness in our spirits that that is who we are! "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For (we) did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but (we) have received a Spirit of Adoption. When we cry, 'Abba! Father!' it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ -- if in fact, we suffer with Him so that we may also be gloried with Him" (Romans 8:14-17).
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you see yourself as God sees you -- a friend and child of God, part of His body and beloved bride, display His glory in your world, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to begin each day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. It's my fervent prayer these devotionals are a blessing and encouragement to you!  Please pass them on to someone who could use the blessing and encouragement of God's Word and Spirit!

 

  
 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!